Maxwell Health Reduces Cloud Storage Costs and Reduces Recovery Times with Datos IO RecoverX for Cloud Backup and Recovery
August 10, 2017 --
SAN JOSE, Calif., Aug. 10, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Datos IO, the application centric cloud data management company, today announced that Maxwell Health, an HR and benefits technology platform that simplifies the process of creating and managing employee plans, has deployed Datos IOs RecoverX platform for backup and recovery of their SaaS based HR platform deployed on multiple MongoDB databases, to reduce total cost of ownership (TCO), and to maximize application uptime.
Tweet this: .@maxwellhealth lowers #MongoDB #cloud #backup storage cost 90%, reduces #recovery time 30%, automates test/dev refresh w/ @datos_io
THE PROBLEM: LONG RECOVERY TIMES AND EXPENSIVE CLOUD BACKUP STORAGE
Maxwell Health provides a cloud-based SaaS platform and marketplace that makes buying benefits intuitive for employees and streamlines HR processes including benefits administration and payroll. They were faced with two data management challenges as they look to scale their SaaS platform:
- To power and scale its SaaS platform, Maxwell Health built a microservices platform deployed on MongoDB databases, both natively deployed on Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud platform. Any data loss associated with its platform is detrimental to their business but their script-based solution, and lack of any enterprise grade cloud-native backup capability, was unable to meet stringent backup and recovery requirements they had for MongoDB database.
- As part of their product development, Maxwell Health implements continuous integration and continuous development (CI/CD) on multiple production and test database clusters but their existing backup process was time consuming and required daily manual intervention.
DATOS IO RECOVERX FOR AUTOMATED AND SCALABLE BACKUP AND RECOVERY ON AWS
Datos IO RecoverX is built to address the unique data protection requirements of database administrators (DBAs) and application developers building applications on MongoDB databases.
Maxwell Health was able to replace a homegrown solution of snapshots and scripts with Datos IO RecoverX as fully automated and fully featured backup and recovery platform for multiple MongoDB databases and achieved a recovery SLA of less than 4 hours and delivered massive operational cost savings, including:
- Leveraging Datos IOs industry-first semantic deduplication, cloud backup storage costs on AWS S3 were reduced by 90%
- RecoverXs fully automated, repair-free recovery reduced recovery times by 35%
- The reduction in cloud backup storage costs combined with greater operational efficiency resulted in a 300% ROI in the first 12 months of deployment
?We selected Datos IO because theres nothing else like it on the market -- its the only solution that provides application centric backup and recovery for MongoDB databases, said Ashley Penney, director of infrastructure, Maxwell Health. ?RecoverX is simple to deploy manage, and fully automated taking all the headache out of our backup and recovery processes. Most importantly, the Datos IO team listens; taking our feedback and quickly turning it into features in production releases. Another key benefit, he added, ?is that because RecoverX offers fully orchestrated recovery back to any MongoDB database cluster, we are able to restore our production data into test clusters in a fully automated manner saving us additional time and money.
?Maxwell Health has developed a disruptive technology platform for health benefits with the end goal to help employees engage with their healthcare, so much so that Maxwell Health is often recognized among the top-10 HR tech companies to watch for. And, as the Maxwell Health team scales their next-generation customer-facing applications running in public cloud environments, they understand the need for elastic backup and recovery purpose-built for next-generation databases such as MongoDB and cloud-native platforms such as Amazon AWS, said Tarun Thakur, co-founder and CEO, Datos IO. ?We are proud to have Maxwell Health as a customer and we are excited by the significant cost savings and operational results that they have achieved with Datos IO RecoverX.
- Maxwell Health Customer Case Study: http://datos.io/maxwell-health-case-study
- Datos IO RecoverX Solution Overview of MongoDB: http://datos.io/useful-reading/
- Datos IO RecoverX: http://datos.io/recoverX/
- Datos IO CODRTM: http://datos.io/our-secret-sauce/
- Datos IO RecoverX Free Trial: http://datos.io/free-trial/
About Datos IODatos IO is the application centric data management company for the multi-cloud world. Datos IO delivers a radically novel approach to data management, helping organizations embrace the cloud with confidence by delivering solutions that protect, mobilize, and monetize their data ? at scale. Unlike traditional data protection solutions that protect applications either at a VM-level or at a storage LUN-level, Datos IO has reinvented data protection by eliminating any dependencies on VM or LUN constructs ? thus, enabling a true application centric data management approach. Fortune 500 companies use Datos IO RecoverX to protect, manage and recover data at scale. Datos IO has been recognized to Gartners Hype Cycle of Storage Technologies, 2016. Backed by Lightspeed Venture Partners, True Ventures, Network Appliance (NetApp), and Cisco Investments, Datos IO is headquartered in San Jose, California. To learn more, please visit http://datos.io/ and follow us on Twitter at @datos_io.
About Maxwell Health
CONTACT: Media Contact: Merrill Freundmerrill.email@example.com(415) 577-8637