Arcserve Achieves Advanced Technology Partner Status in the Amazon Web Services Partner Network
May 17, 2018 --
- Arcserve on Amazon Web Services enables the orchestration of critical data backup and disaster recovery functions for virtual and bare metal systems across cloud and on-premises environments
- Arcserve’s AWS-enabled capabilities expand the agility of the cloud to MSPs looking to offer Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS) and enterprises looking to leverage the scale and flexibility of AWS while protecting their investments in on-premises solutions
- Arcserve’s status on the AWS Partner Network (APN) underscores deep expertise and continued market-driven innovation
MINNEAPOLIS, May 17, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Arcserve, LLC, the data backup and availability pioneer, today announced it has achieved Advanced Technology Partner status in the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Partner Network (APN). Arcserve redefines the data protection landscape with solutions that seamlessly scale across hybrid cloud, virtual, and physical environments.
As an Advanced Technology Partner in the APN, Arcserve emphasizes its commitment to advancing cloud innovation with AWS. Powered by its Unified Data Protection (UDP) platform, Arcserve’s AWS-enabled capabilities allow companies to instantly access data from hybrid infrastructures, greatly reducing downtime and data protection complexity, protecting data and systems from ransomware, and increasing compliance to internal policies and government regulations.
“Arcserve’s capabilities significantly strengthen our DRaaS offering,” said Francesco Paola, Chief Strategy Officer, at Unitas Global. “They exceed our enterprise clients’ requirements for rigorous support in on-premises and multi-cloud environments, while complementing our managed hybrid cloud strategy, which supports AWS and other major cloud providers. Arcserve simplifies what are typically intricate tasks, such as setting RPOs in cloud environments, allowing us to focus on other client requirements. While there are some new players in the DRaaS space, our clients want dependable solutions — and that's a promise Arcserve delivers on."
“Our strength has always been in protecting heterogeneous environments, and working with AWS is a natural extension of that philosophy. We are honored to become an Advanced Technology Partner in the AWS Partner Network, an achievement that further solidifies our commitment to continued cloud innovation,” said Oussama El-Hilali, VP of Products at Arcserve. “Our extensive multi-cloud capabilities underscore our deep understanding of AWS.”
Running Arcserve on AWS
Arcserve offers unique and economical enterprise capabilities for customers using Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3), Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2) and Amazon Elastic Block Store (Amazon EBS), including:
- Highly configurable retention policies to leverage low-cost AWS storage for long-term backup and retention, email archiving and virtual tape library (VTL) devices for enhanced compliance to internal policies and public regulations, including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Full, application-level recovery of physical and virtual environments with instant recovery of bare-metal systems or virtual machines (VMs) running Windows or Linux
- Running a recovery point server in Amazon EC2, on-premises or in the cloud, to unlock the full Arcserve UDP feature set with protection for cloud-native applications from cloud to on-premises systems or on-premises to cloud
- Continuous data replication for mission-critical apps which require 24x7x365 operation with zero data loss
“Arcserve has collaborated with AWS since we launched Arcserve UDP several years ago,” said Scott Walker, VP of Global Strategic Alliances at Arcserve. “Achieving Advanced Technology Partner status in the APN allows us to continue creating innovative solutions for our customers to cost-effectively scale infrastructure while protecting their investments in existing systems.”
Arcserve’s AWS-enabled capabilities power digital transformation with offsite data protection, application testing and development, instant application failover and DRaaS. It supports all major enterprise systems and applications: bare metal and virtual environments (VMware, Hyper-V, Nutanix AHV hypervisors); all major Linux distributions, Windows, HP-UX, AIX, Solaris, MacOS, NAS, Oracle, Oracle RMAN, SQL, Exchange, 0365, SAP, SAP HANA; archive options for AWS, Microsoft Azure, Fujitsu K2, and other compatible clouds; hardware snapshots for NFS, CIFS and NDMP; and object stores, tape drives and libraries.
Arcserve develops breakthrough data protection and availability solutions that deliver enterprise power with small team simplicity. Launched in 1990 as a product under Cheyenne Software, Arcserve became an independent organization in 2014 and released the first solution, Arcserve Unified Data Protection (UDP), to deliver comprehensive backup and recovery across cloud, virtual and physical environments under one pane of glass. Since then, Arcserve has continuously redefined data protection, with a full range of highly efficient and integrated capabilities, deployable on-premise or in the cloud, with high availability, disaster recovery, backup and recovery, and data archiving. Arcserve has a customer base of 45,000 end users in more than 150 countries and partners with over 7,500 distributors, resellers and service providers around the world. It is headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Visit www.arcserve.com.