Panasonic TOUGHBOOK rugged notebook and tablet share of sales by revenue larger than nearest four competitors combined, shows VDC Research
BRACKNELL, UK. 10th December 2019 – Panasonic TOUGHBOOK has cemented its position as Europe’s leading manufacturer of rugged notebooks and tablets – extending its run as Europe’s rugged notebook leader to an 18th consecutive year, according to research from specialist analyst firm VDC Research. Panasonic TOUGHBOOK’s rugged notebook and tablet share of sales by revenue (48%) was larger than its nearest four competitors combined in 2018.
Setting new standards
Panasonic maintained its clear leadership position in the European rugged notebook market with a 51% share of sales and continues to innovate in the sector with the recent launch of its TOUGHBOOK 55 rugged notebook. This latest device sets the new standard for rugged notebook computing. For the first time, users can configure their rugged device for different tasks while in the field. With a simple switch, fit and click, users can add and remove new functionality including boosting graphics, battery power and storage capabilities, adding a DVD or Blu-Ray drive and integrating a fingerprint, RFID or smart card reader.
Despite growing competition from an increasing number of rugged tablet providers, Panasonic maintained its strong lead in Europe with a 41% share of sales of rugged computers– also larger than the share of sales of rugged computers of its four nearest competitors combined. Continued innovation through the addition of new integrated functionality, such as the thermal imaging camera launched this year, have provided new opportunities for mobile workers to use their rugged tablets to complete more tasks and improve their productivity in the field.
Increasing Android support
Panasonic continued its successful move into sales of rugged handheld devices with its increasing range of Android rugged handheld devices and supporting eco-system. It also strengthened its Android support with the launch of the next generation of Panasonic COMPASS, the market-leading suite of enterprise management tools for Panasonic TOUGHBOOK rugged tablets and handheld devices running the Android operating system. The latest additions to the Complete Android Services and Security package include a new proprietary rapid configuration tool, a premium security option, as well as “OMNIA”, the new Toughbook Mobile Enterprise Application Platform.
“Panasonic has continued its success in sales of rugged computer in Europe because we listen to our customers and continue to closely work with them as we innovate to meet the evolving needs of their mobile workforces,” said Kevin Jones, Managing Director for Panasonic Mobile Solutions Business Division – Europe. “The results of that innovation are clear to see with devices such as the new TOUGHBOOK 55 setting a new standard in rugged notebook computing, our tablet integrated thermal imaging and 3D RealSense camera helping customers to find new ways to run field mobile diagnose faster and more safely and our COMPASS support services helping our Android customers more effectively manage their handheld and tablet devices.”
For more information about Panasonic TOUGHBOOK visit https://business.panasonic.co.uk/computer-product/language-selector.
The Amber Group
+44 (0)118 949 7737
About Panasonic System Communications Company Europe (PSCEU)
Our quest is to make technology work invisibly together and free businesses to succeed. We believe technology should just work. That businesses will succeed if they can simply focus on their customers, in the knowledge that all the technologies delivering their capabilities work together. That is why we are dedicated to developing products and solutions that are so integrated with our customer’s way of working, that they are almost invisible – the workhorse in the background that powers business success.
PSCEU is made up of six product categories:
- Broadcast & ProAV gives you the freedom to tell the story with its high quality products and solutions, which ensure smooth operation and excellent cost-performance across a range of remote cameras, switchers, studio cameras and ENG P2HD. The cinema camera range of VariCam models and the EVA1 are capable of true 4K and High Dynamic Range (HDR) making them the ideal solution for cinema, television, documentary and live event production.
- Communication Solutions offers world leading telephony systems, SIP terminal devices and professional ‘network’ scanners giving you the freedom to focus on the communication and not the connection.
- Mobile Solutions Business Division helps mobile workers improve productivity with its range of Toughbook rugged notebooks, business tablets, handhelds and electronic point of sales (EPOS) systems. As European market leaders, Panasonic had a 48% revenue share of sales of rugged and durable notebooks and tablets in 2018 (VDC Research, March 2019).
- Industrial Medical Vision manufactures applications for various segments such as medical, life science, ProAV or industrial. The product portfolio includes complete and OEM camera systems, providing the freedom to see what can’t be seen.
- Security Solutions, built on a heritage of providing evidential quality CCTV footage. Delivering the highest image quality in all environmental conditions using our highly reliable, advanced technology cameras and image recording systems, giving you the freedom to feel secure.
- Visual System Solutions offers the widest range of professional displays and projectors and allows Audio Visual professionals the freedom to create. It leads the European high brightness projector market with a 39% revenue share of sales (Futuresource >5klm FY17 Q3, excl. 4K & digital cinema).
Panasonic Corporation is a worldwide leader in the development of diverse electronics technologies and solutions for customers in the consumer electronics, housing, automotive, and B2B businesses. The company, which celebrated its 100th anniversary in 2018, has expanded globally and now operates 582 subsidiaries and 87 associated companies worldwide, recording consolidated net sales of Euro 62.5 billion for the year ended March 31, 2019. Committed to pursuing new value through innovation across divisional lines, the company uses its technologies to create a better life and a better world for its customers. To learn more about Panasonic: https://www.panasonic.com/global.